Pages

December 31, 2013

Word for 2014- EMBRACE

















EMBRACE
1. To take, clasp or enclose in the arms; to press to the bosom, in token of affection.
2. To seize eagerly; to lay hold on; to receive or take with willingness that which is offered
3. To comprehend; to include or take in
4. To comprise; to enclose; to encompass; to contain; to encircle.
5. To receive; to admit.
6. To find; to take; to accept.

(from Webster’s 1828 dictionary) 

As I've pondered and prayed for a word for the coming year,
this one embraced me.
Kind of snuck up and grabbed me, you know,
like one of those hugs that you aren't expecting,
but are thankful for once the initial shock is over?  

And as I sat with this word- embrace ... it fits.
  
It is time to embrace this life; this simple,
home-centered,
Christ-centered,
mama life that I live.  
The life that is messy and often loud,
crowded with people and projects that all vie for my attention,
sometimes all at the same time.
And also the life that calls me to slip away for solitude and silence,
time alone with my Lord and my pen and the page.

It is the year to EMBRACE who I am,
even if I have heard "You are something else"
too often for comfort lately ...
something else, well maybe I am, and I'm OK with that ...
especially since I'm not even sure what the comparison is ;) .  

So, here's to 2014- the year to EMBRACE
the something else that I am,
the journey I am on, the life I've been given,
my work in this world,
and the beautiful souls I am blessed to share it with.  

What are you embracing this year?

Do you have a word for 2014?  If so, I'd love to know what it is!

Prayers for many blessings this year my friends,

Catherine



2 comments:

  1. Seeing your word for 2014 made me gasp....what a perfect word! Embrace. I must pray about what word God will give me for 2014~~ thanks for sharing your word.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your sight through another blog and I want to say Thank you for the Word of the year 2014, I have been wanting to go ahead and have a word to focus on and this one seems to fit me too:) I will enjoy reading through the blog. I would like to start a blog this coming year and reading blogs has inspired me to begin this step in my journey. Happy New Year Jennifer in MN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Blessings,
Catherine