Pages

November 26, 2013

Giving Thanks

Giving thanks today, even when the wind blows cold,
my heart aches, and all is not well.
Even in the midst of a storm, I choose to give thanks-
because God is good, His love endures forever,
and His mercies are new every morning.
I can trust that what He allows, He will see me through.
And when I look around with eyes searching for blessings,
I find them scattered like leaves dropped from a tree.

Simple gifts I'm grateful for this day:

Crimson leaves scattered beneath the crape myrtle


Roses which don't seem to care that wintry weather is looming large 

Teapot filled with Orange Spice tea 

For these simple gifts, I give thanks.  
For this day and the blessings yet undiscovered, I give thanks.
For His promises, which I can always count on, I give thanks.
For You, my friends, I give thanks.


 Rejoice always,  pray continually,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

  1. Sending love and hugs and prayers that all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) . All shall be well, and in the meantime, I find Joy in His love and sweet friends who encourage. Thank you again.
      :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Catherine,

    I am sorry that you are hurting but am thankful that you know where healing can come from. The Lord is faithful and loving. I have much to be thankful for also down to how beautiful the frost on the ground looks first thing in the morning, the smells of the kitchen and getting a head start on Thanksgiving dinner, and always having a God that loves me no matter what, is faithful to me no matter what, sustains me no matter what and He will never leave me nor forsake me. A verse that helps me when I go through trials: 2 Corinthians 12:9. I am praying for you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement and the prayers, Sharon. Our God is indeed faithful, and always by our side. Thankful for Him and for you this day!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Blessings,
Catherine