Pages

February 18, 2010

E is for ...


Mrs. Matlock, please EXCUSE the briefness of this week's post; there is a sick husband in the house today, and some of you know exactly what that means ....

Nevertheless, while the illness afflicted one sleeps, I will take a moment to play along in the Alphabe-Thursday game, and share some of my favorite herbal remedies (beginning with e of course) with you!

E is for ...

Elder berry -(click here to learn more) This is my recipe for Elder berry syrup, which really should be called Elder berry Honey. It's very tasty as well as good for you!

Eucalyptus essential oil- great for clearing up a stuffy head so you can sleep (click here to learn more about this excellent remedy)! I buy mine from Mountain Rose Herbs, my favorite herb place.

And for those who share my love of flowers ...
Echinacea (beautiful flowers, and a very helpful herb when illness strikes).

OK ... that's it for this addition of Alphabe-Thursday at Love Living Simply. I must go and brew some tea for the sicko (don't tell him I said that), and make breakfast for the rest of the little Love's.

To play along with our little Alphabe-Thursday fun, or to read other E entries, visit Jenny Matlock today!

16 comments:

  1. It was an excellent, all natural E! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat. Hope your husband is feeling well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears that I could use all of the above. Great E's. Hope hubby feels better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to learning sometime interesting here. Hope your hubs feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool to find those 'E' things that are helpful for the common cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also learn something interesting with every one of your posts ... i look forward to my weekly visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love those great E words ! I think I need some Echinacea

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope your dh feels excellent soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to grow herbs, but I must admit that I don't use them much! I like to read your posts to get some ideas!!
    Hope the Hubby is feeling better soon!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...poor fellow...tell him we are sending hugs and hEaling his way.

    I think your posts are always E nticing and E xcellent and E nteresting. Sorry about that.

    My brain has quit working several hours ago!

    A+

    I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent post. I've never tried the elderberry or eucalyptus, but I swear by echinacea! Hope one or all of them works for hubby soon. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Especially excellent! '-)

    Hey...I just noticed that you are the new head honcho at HSB!! Woohoo!! Congrats! I use it as my homepage.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the hubby is feeling better soon.
    We could use some of all of the above around here - someone is always sick - I'd rather not be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your husband feels better soon. Do you make a tea with Echinacea? (the flower is so beautiful that just looking at it would make me feel better.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe, I know exactly about "deadly man flu." I hope he's feeling better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your tips! A very informative E session! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Blessings,
Catherine